Hon. Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Minority Affairs, Govt. of India
Mr. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi is a Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) and Union Minister of State, for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) & Parliamentary Affairs Govt. of India & National Vice President of BJP. Born and brought up in a respectful family of Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi started his life right from his childhood with hard work, determination and commitment to principles and social values. He was attracted in his early age towards “Total Revolution Campaign” launched by Shri Jaiparkash Narayan and was elected Secretary – ‘Chatra Yuva Sangarsh Vahini’ and also played major role in various agitations. During Emergency, he was arrested under D.I.R. – Misa at the tender age of 17 and was put behind bars in Central Jail, Naini. He established his competence and efficiency while working on various important Government and Political posts due to his commitment and dedication towards social, nationalist values and ideology. He continued to maintain his identity of being an ordinary social worker and dedicated soldier in safeguarding human values. He is recognised as a positive approach leader, nationalist speaker, statesman and protector of human values at large.
Educational Qualification :
- B.A. (Hons.), Post Graduate (Mass Communication).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Media and Communication Educated at FRI College.
- Bareilly, Anglo-Verna College, Allahabad, Yadgar College, Allahabad and Asian Institute of Technical Studies.
- Agriculturist, Writer, Political and Social Activist.
Position Held :
- 1978 Allahabad Distt. Vice President and General Secretary of Yuva Janta, The youth wing of Janta Party.
- 1979 Elected Member of the State Executive of Uttar Pradesh Yuva Janta.
- 1982 Elevated as General Secretary of Uttar Pradesh Yuva Janta.
- 1992 National Vice-President, Bharatiya Janta Yuva Morcha The Youth wing of BJP.
- 1998 Elected Member of 12th Loksabha from RAMPUR (UP). .
- 1998 Inducted in the council of Ministers of Mr. Atal Behari Vajpayee Ministry as Minister of state for Information Technology and Broadcasting and Parliamentary Affairs. .
- 2000 National Secretary Bharatiya Janata Party. .
- 2002 National General Secretary, National Spokesperson, Incharge of several Important States
Incharge of Central Election Management Coordination Committee of BJP. .
- 2002 November, Elected to the Rajya Sabha, The upper House of Parliament from Uttar Pradesh. .
- Jan, 2006 Onwards All India Vice President, BJP, In-Charge of Central Election Management and Coordination Committee, BJP. .
- 2001-2003 Elected Vice Chairman CCRT, Ministry of Culture ,Govt. of India. .
- 2003-2008 Elected Chairman Air Chartered Committee (Haj) Ministry of External Affairs Govt. of India. .
- 2003-2004 Chairman, Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) of Functioning of Waqf Boards. .
- 2004-2008 Member of the court of the Aligarh Muslim University. .
- 2003-2004 Member of the Standing Committee of Finance and Commerce. .
- 2004-2005 Member of the standing committee of Defence. .
- 2006-2008 Member of the External Committee of External Affairs. .
- 2004-2008 Member of the Constative Committee for the ministry of the Communications and Information Technology. .
- 2010 July, Elected to Rajya Sabha From Uttar Pradesh. .
- 2010 August, Nominated Member on Hindi Slahkar Committee Ministry of Civil Aviation Govt. of India. .
- 2010 September, Nominated Member on Select committee on the Waqf (Amendment) Bill. .
- 2010 November, Nominated Member of Consultative Committee, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. .
- 2011 Feb, Elected Member of the Public Undertaking Companies (PSU’s) Govt. Of India. .
- 2011 Dec, May, onwards Member, Committee on Public Undertakings. 2011 onwards Vice-President, India-Iran Parliamentary Friendship Group. .
- 2012 May, onwards Member, Court of the Aligarh Muslim University. .
- 2012 Oct., Onwards Member, Joint Committee on Salaries and Allowances of Members of Parliament. .
- 2013 January, Nominated member of Jt. Committee on Salaries and Allowances of MPs. .
- 2013 December, Member Hindi Salahakar Samiti for the Rajya Sabha. .
- 2014 November Union Minister of State, for Parliamentary Affairs & Minority Affairs Govt. of India. .
- 2016 June, Elected to Rajya Sabha From Jharkhand. .
- 2016 July, Union Minister of State, for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) & Parliamentary Affairs Govt. of India. .
Social and Cultural Activities :
- Actively involved in several socio- cultural academic activities. Actively participating in the struggle for the uplift of the artisans.
Special Interest :
- Writing Book, Articles, and Scripts on Socio-Economic and Cultural issues.
Country Visited :
- Led the Indian Delegation of the Government of India to North Korea in 1998.
- Visited as Head of the Jt. Parliamentary Delegation to UAE in 1999.
- Visited Malaysia in 2002 as Observer to the National Convention of Ruling Party of Malaysia.
- Visited Bangladesh as Member of the Delegation of 49th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference in 2003.
- Visited Pakistan as Head of the BJP Member of Parliamentary Delegation to attend the SAFMA. Conference in May, 2005.
- Visited USA as Member of the India-US Forum of Parliamentarians in June 2008.
- Visited New Zealand as Member of the Indian Parliamentary Delegation in April, 2012
- Visited Bhutan as a Member of official delegation accompanying Hon’ble President of India in November, 2014.
- Visited Saudi Arabia accompanying Hon’ble Vice President of India in January, 2015.
- Visited Egypt as Special Envoy of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India in July, 2015
- Visited Gambia as Special Envoy of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India in September ,2015
- Visited USA, Mauritius, Hong Kong, China, Austria, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Thailand, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Turkey, UK etc.
- Visited Singapore-Led Parliamentary Goodwill Delegation in April, 2016
- Syah, 1991
- Danga, 1998